Friday, August 5, 2016

Thanks, Mom!



The past few days were extra special.  I have the opportunity to do my Mommy duty.
I prepare Rio from waking her up, sharing a warm and cold bath, fixing her hair and driving her to and from school.  

During these days, I have to acknowledge how much I miss my Mom. I have such a wonderful time whenever I fix Rio's hair.  I remember those moments when I was little, Mom will fix my hair.  She even put all sorts of ribbons in various colors on it. 

It's been almost three months since Mom and Dad left for Canada to visit Kuya Homer and family.  We were fortunate to visit them as a family during our US-Canada vacation. It helps to feel their presence given a familiar place even for a few days. I find myself imagining how they are cooking in the kitchen and tending the garden every time I miss them both.

Rio is growing fast and our recent conversations remind me of my own times with Mom. How I get to share stories about what's happening in school, who my latest crush is and how I am managing with school requirements.

I remember how busy Mom is back then with Dad in Saudi for almost all my childhood. She was just focusing on us and her daily journal for Dad.  Whenever she retires for the day, she grabs her pen and start writing how our day went every single moment.  I know Dad felt like just being here with us with the details of how Mom will tell her the story of how our day unfolds. 

I appreciate having a full time Mom and how much she sacrificed her time to be with us during those years. Now that I am a Mom myself, I will always be grateful to her for how she has influenced my life.  She made me pursue what I have hoped and planned for.  Her strictness back in those years were not acceptable to many.  But I know she only means well. And I will not trade those formative years to anything.  

Mom, I am who I am today because of you. I seldom express how much I love you. But I really do.  I may not be the sweetest daughter who shares all positive moments with you.  I was even indifferent and mean when we are in challenging times. And I am sorry for the times I have hurt you.  I know you always choose to understand.

No words can express how much gratitude I have for having you as my Mom. I know deep within your heart you will feel the warm of the love I have for you. 

Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment